1. Best Book You Read In 2013?
Dystopian: Mind Games by Kiersen White Paranormal: In Too Deep by Brandy L. Rivers Contemporary: Slammed by Colleen Hoover Fantasy:Fallen by Lauren Kate New Adult: Thoughtless/Effortless/Reckless by S.C. Stephens
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Crusade by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
Cinder by Marissa Meyers
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2013?
Thoughtless/Effortless/Reckless by S.C Stephens, and Timeless/Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir
5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
Thoughtless Series by S.C Stephens
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2013?
S.C Stephens, Colleen Hoover, Eden Bradly, Sylvia Day
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green because that book is amazing and I tend to stick to paranormal or dystopian or fantasy books.
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Reckless by S.C Stephens
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
Tie between The Legend of the Blue Eyes by B. Kristin McMichael, Walking disaster by Jamie McGuire, T and A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Basso
11. Most memorable character in 2013?
Kellan Kyle >>Reckless by S.C Stephens
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
Slammed by Coleen Hoover and The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?
Entwined With You by Sylvia Day
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?
Do I have to pick one?
“I never thought of myself as anything but plain and ordinary until you came along. The way you look at me, the way you see me . . . you pull something out of me. When I want to hide, you urge me forward. When I think I’m not good enough, you make me believe I am. When I feel anything but pretty, you convince me I’m beautiful. Just being around you makes me feel special. You don’t think you’re good at loving people, but you are. Your friends, your family . . . the level of love that you have for people astounds me. You don’t think people love you back, but they do. They fiercely love you. I fiercely love you. I’ve never met anyone as passionate as you, as kindhearted as you . . . as amazing as you. You love with every fiber of your soul. You inspire me every day. And if you’ll agree to be my husband, I’ll do my best to make you proud of me, to inspire you.””
– Reckless by S.C Stephens
“I wanted to tell her. Jesus, did I ever want to mouth the words, but I could barely admit it to myself, much less her. Deep down, I knew I was a piece of shit, and she deserved better, but that was also the one thing that stopped me. She was my opposite: innocent on the surface, and damaged deep within. There was something about her I needed in my life, and even though I wasn’t sure what it was, I couldn’t give into my bad habits and fuck it up.”
– Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
“I guessed that the rose tattoo was a possible clue, given its place over his heart. Most of the ink on his arms consisted of symbols and intricate motifs, and I wondered if any of these were his own design. He shifted onto his back then, and I could finally read the words on his left side:“I guessed that the rose tattoo was a possible clue, given its place over his heart. Most of the ink on his arms consisted of symbols and intricate motifs, and I wondered if any of these were his own design. He shifted onto his back then, and I could finally read the words on his left side:
Love is not the absence of logic but logic examined and recalculated heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart ”
–Easy by Tammara Webber
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Longest: Anna Karenina by Leo Tolsoy (963 pages)
Shortest: Get There by Meghan Hart (65 pges)
17. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc)
Kellan Kyle and Keira Allen Michelson from Reckless by S.C Stephens
18. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You Read Previously
Exposed (Just One Night, Part 2) by Kyra Davis
19. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Forbidden Fruit by Eden Bradley
20. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?
Erotica/ Contemporary Romance
21. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Will Cooper from Slammed by Colleen Hoover
22. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
The Faerie Guardian/ The Guardian Prince by Rachel Morgan
23. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
Bloodmark by Aurora Whittet
24. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?
Slammed by Colleen Hoover and Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire